Learning from Domestic Homicide Review’s Training
The Awareness training workshop is a half a day course with the following learning
- To understand what domestic abuse is and how you may recognise it is happening.
- Explore and understand the impacts of abuse on victims and survivors including children and wider affected others.
- Understanding barriers to support and engagement that may exist and explore ways to overcome these.
- Know what victim blaming is and how to avoid this and be able to identify and understand collusion with perpetrators and the risks associated with this.
- Know how to assess risk in a DA context and explore appropriate responses and considerations.
- Acquire an awareness of the related law and legislation (inclusive of statistics and evidence).
Training will be advertised regularly via circulation and bookings managed via Eventbrite with a mixture of in person and online training available.
To book please select the appropriate date from the following list below and use the Eventbrite booking link to secure your place. An invitation with joining details will be sent to you in advance of the training session.